Lou’s Moves – September 2015
To celebrate the arrival of our new Stott Pilates SPX Reformers and the launch of our Group Reformer Classes I’m focused on all things reformer this month.
Here’s 5 of my favourites:
- Footwork – a staple of any reformer workout, what’s not to love about this deceptively simple series! Work those feet positions to challenge all the muscle groups in your lower body.
- Short Spine – so… my body doesn’t always love this to start with but with the right warm-up it feels amazing.
- Scooter – great for getting your butt working, especially with added heel lifts at the end for that extra burn.
- Chest Expansion – the perfect blend of core, balance, opening up the pecs and releasing neck tension.
- Elephant – love to mix this up with the straight-back and round-back versions, I can just feel my hammys getting longer each rep.
Picking just five of my favourites was tough – the reformer is awesome and we’ll be enjoying them in the studio this week.