I have always had an endless curiosity of the body and how it moves. This led me to study a Bachelor of Human Movements degree at Rand Afrikaans University in South Africa. It was during these years I first came into contact with the Pilates Method. My “mentor” was the body conditioner for PACT (Johannesburg Ballet Company) and every class she taught was based upon the Pilates principles. This was how I discovered my passion for working with the body and in particular in the field of rehabilitation.
At the age of 25 I moved to England where I embarked upon my personal Pilates journey. Over the years I have completed numerous Pilates courses including a remedial Pilates course conducted by physiotherapists from Harley Street in London. By 2010 I was a Fully Certified STOTT PILATES® instructor. Since moving to Australia five years ago I completed a nationally recognised Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction.
Having worked within the industry for over 15 years, my experience and knowledge, coupled with patience, dedication, and hands on approach provide clients with a comfortable exercise environment. Whether teaching a class or private session, I try to balance cheerful encouragement with meticulous workouts, all the while keeping it fun. On a daily basis I am inspired by the changes I see in front of me as I watch my client’s build strength and make health a priority.
My core fields of expertise:
- Working with the older generation to help them with a variety of age-related ailments
- Lower back, pelvic and hip injuries/pain
Get to Know Me
- Practicing Pilates since: 2001
- Teaching Pilates since: 2003
- Bachelors of Human Movement
- Diploma of Personal Training
- Pilates Institute Remedial Pilates Certification
- STOTT PILATES® Fully Certified Instructor
- Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction
- Australian Pilates Method Association Level 2 Member
- Australian Government-accredited Pilates Instructor
- Teaching style: Supportive. Patient. Cheerful.
- Favourite ice cream flavour: I’d rather have a chocolate!
- First thought in the morning: What day is it, what do the kids have on today?
- Hobbies: Family fun, netball and photography