Each month at Move Move we set ourselves a Move of the Month Challenge. Throughout the month we focus on mastering that move. Sometimes our Move of the Month is just one move, other times it maybe a series of moves. But our aim is to progress in some way.
This month we’re focusing on Roll-Ups and Look Ma, No Hands (aka sit to stand aka getting down and up to the floor using no hands!) as our moves of the month. My moves this month are focused on building up to these.
- Half-Roll Back – the perfect preparation for the roll-up. Especially great if you struggle with your lower back mobility when trying to roll-up from the mat.
- Ab Curls – on the mat, with a band, on the tower, standing, on the barrel – there’s so many options to spice up the basic ab curl. Builds abs strength and upper back mobility to help you roll up off the mat.
- Swimming Prep – working on a diagonal line across your back these alternating arm and leg raises while lying on your stomach will help with back strength and motor control. Vital elements when you’re getting up and down to the floor.
- Squat – building leg and butt strength to help you drive yourself up from the floor and control your descent to the floor.
- Single Thigh Stretch – on the reformer, to open up my hips. One of my biggest challenges in getting up from the floor is my hip mobility so this is something I’ll definitely be focusing on this month.